Dock the Transcend with the Transcend Bedside Docking Station™ for maximum flexibility and mobility. The docking station allows the user to place the CPAP nearly anywhere that would be most convenient.
We've included a Is Transcend Right for You? questionnaire online for guidance, and our customer service team is available to help you, as well. Please contact us directly with questions about the revolutionary Transcend.
1. How do I travel with my Transcend? Can I use it on my flight?
Medical devices are exempt from carry-on restrictions, so be sure to take your Transcend CPAP with you on your flights. We recommend never checking a CPAP device with your luggage as it could be damaged or misplaced during transit. Your doctor can provide you with a Letter of Medical Necessity that you can provide to airline officials with your device, if necessary. You can also purchase a tag stating the medical purpose of your bag to hopefully avoid confrontation about your device.
It is possible you can use your Transcend during your flight, but you'll most likely need an alternate power source such as the Transcend battery pack to do so. Please contact your airline prior to your flight for exact regulations and in-flight policies.
2. Can I use Transcend overseas?
Yes! The Transcend's included AC power plug is designed to convert to any voltage, anywhere in the world. You will not need a power converter, but you will need an inexpensive plug adapter. This adapter ensures that your power plug will fit into the socket of your host country (unfortunately, they are not standardized around the world). We have plug adapter kits available here.
3. What kind of warranty is offered with Transcend?
The Transcend sleep therapy system comes with a two year manufacturer’s warranty.
4. Do I need to make any adjustments to my Transcend if I’m at high altitude?
No. Transcend automatically compensates therapy pressure to altitudes of up to 8,000 feet.
5. What power options are available for Transcend?
– the included Universal AC Power Supply is designed to automatically convert to the proper voltage for any country in the world. You will have to purchase plug adapters when taking the Transcend out of the country.
Optional Mobile Power
– By purchasing a DC power adapter for your machine, you'll be able to plug your Transcend into a truck, boat, camper, or car mobile power supply without fear of draining your battery.
Optional Battery Pack
– Perfect for camping under the stars, traveling where power is unreliable or for using your CPAP during a power outage, the Transcend battery pack is designed to give you a full night's sleep. The battery can be recharged using your vehicles DC power supply.
6. Do I need to charge the battery pack before I use it for the first time?
Yes, you need to fully charge your battery before using it with your Transcend for the first time.
7. Can I charge the battery pack while it is connected to my Transcend?
Yes, the Transcend battery can be recharged with the AC power supply or mobile power adapter while in use.
8. How long will the battery power my Transcend during therapy?
The Transcend battery is available in two different options – a 4 cell option and an 8 cell option. The 4 cell Transcend battery pack provides sufficient power to operate the device for a minimum of 8 hours at a pressure setting of 10 cmH2O. The 8 cell battery option provides power for approximately 15 hours of continuous use at the same setting.
9. What should I do if I am experiencing problems with my Transcend?
Contact the customer service team here at CPAP Supply USA for machines purchased from us. You can also contact Somnetics Customer Support at 877-621-9626.
The Transcend software will is NOT compatible with MAC