- Wide pressure range (3 to 25 cm H20 - IPAP, 3 to 20 cm H20 - EPAP).
- Includes a back-up rate for complex patient types and scenarios.
- Automatically adjusting pressure throughout the night for optimum therapy levels at all times.
- Fluid-resistant, front-facing display screen.
- Automatic altitude and leak compensation.
- Sandman therapy software available to download data from memory card.
- Large backlit buttons dim automatically.
- Patient comfort enhanced with patented FlowSens technology.
- Inspiratory/expiratory sensitivity settings and rise
time management (1-5 settings).
- Auto calibration of entire user circuit, including compensating for length of tubing and type of mask.
- Only one cord for Bi-level and heated humidifier.
Covidien (also known as Puritan Bennett), a leading supplier of sleep therapy equipment, recently released a bi-level ST machine with a fully-integrated heated humidifier, the fully data-capable Sandman Duo ST. The Sandman Duo ST Bi-Level machine is a conveniently small and quiet device designed for a broad range of bi-level users, providing effective and proven bi-level therapy and heated humidification in an extremely small and compact body design.
The Puritan Bennett Sandman Duo ST Bi-Level is quiet, discreet and user-friendly for nightly use at home. At a mere 2.64 pounds, it is also lightweight, compact and robust enough for sleep apnea patients who need to take their therapy with them when they travel. Travel-friendly features include the ability to run on AC/DC or external battery power and an altitude compensation feature that automatically adjusts pressure up to 9,000 feet of elevation.
In addition to a water chamber that is easy to clean and refill and the water-resistant housing of the machine, the Sandman Duo ST Bi-Level and integrated heated humidifier has a unique “HumidControl Plus” feature. HumidControl works to ensure a consistent temperature difference between the water in the chamber and ambient air to minimize condensation in the tubing and to keep the humidification level constant throughout the night.
It is known that Bi-level users can receive large pressure variances depending on the combination
of interface and device. The Sandman Duo ST Bi-Level device compensates for
this variance with True Circuit Calibration and accurately delivers the prescribed pressure to virtually any interface and tubing combination at the end of the circuit, where accuracy counts. In addition, direct USB-to-computer connectivity, with optional Sandman therapy software, allows the clinician or user to analyze critical historical patient data and make changes to therapy as needed.