Sometimes it's just not practical or affordable to replace your entire CPAP mask. Many CPAP users don't realize that different parts of their mask can often be replaced to "refresh" it for longer use. CPAP masks, especially newer designs, often have just a few major components that need to be updated to make your mask like new again. And while we do believe that replacing your mask regularly is a key component of good sleep therapy, but we also want to be sensitive to the needs, budgetary and otherwise, of our customers.
So, we've compiled a list of part of your mask that can often be replaced for general upkeep and maintenance. While every mask is different and has different replacement components, in general each mask has two types of replacement parts that are key in keep the mask fitting and working well:
- Mask Cushion or Pillow - This mask component is probably the most sensitive and important component of your mask. Most cushions are made of delicate silicone that is gentle on the face but can also be easily compromised by nightly use. In general cushions can be replaced as often as once every three months. Making sure you have an excellent seal is of major importance so your cushion needs to fit well and be in great condition. This would probably be the first and most important replacement component for your mask. Nasal pillows are also easily replaced and important for cleanliness and hygiene reasons.
- Headgear - Coming in a close second to cushion replacement is your headgear. Worn out, stretched thin, and ragged headgear is nightmare for therapy as well as for your head. CPAP masks are generally supposed to fit somewhat loosely to ensure that the masks works like it's supposed to and that you don't get a massive headache from pressure point pain. When headgear gets stretched out from overuse it just doesn't hold the mask on correctly anymore. The user tends to overtighten to compensate and then pain as well as loss of therapy pressure can be experienced. It's important to keep your headgear in good shape or your mask just won't work as well as it's made to.
So now you know the essential components, there are also some other miscellaneous parts that you might need for your specific mask:
- Mask Frame - The main part of any mask, the mask frame is also generally the most durable. Made of harder plastics usually, this frame would normally be the last thing of your mask to break.
- Headgear Clips - Some masks have clips that connect the headgear to the mask frame (most notably Respironics and ResMed masks often have this feature). Customers have often complained that clips can break well before the life of the mask is up. These are easy and inexpensive to replace.
- Cushion Clip - A few masks have clips that connect the cushion to the frame.
- Elbows - Many masks have swivel elbows the jut out from the mask frame to connect to your tubing. Fisher and Paykel masks often have this feature. Replaceable mask elbows are widely available.
- Exhalation Filters - Older Fisher & Paykel masks have exhalation filters that help with the noise level of the mask.
- Other parts - Each mask is different and will have specific replacement parts for that design. If something breaks on your mask, doesn't assume it can't be fixed. Search online or call us to see if that specific part can be purchased separately.
Another option exists with our custom Mask Refresher Kits. We have created an easy purchasing package for most of our popular CPAP masks. You choose your package, decide whether or not to have a new headgear added, and then checkout, knowing that all the parts you need to recreate and refresh your mask are included.
And at the end of the day, if you can't find the part you need or your mask just can't be refreshed any longer, then you should consider purchasing a new CPAP mask. If you want to try a new mask or have questions, please feel free to contact our Customer Service team for assistance.
We're cleaning out our warehouse, and we've lowered prices on more than 50 of our products. Shop overstock CPAP supplies up to 90% off list price. Just while supplies last!
Some of our deeply discounted items include:
Please note: Only items and specific sizes listed are on sale.
Today through July 31st - Shop CPAP Supply USA, purchase at least $25 of supplies, and get one popular CPAP accessory for only one penny! Choose from an 8 Ft. CPAP Tubing, the Pur-Sleep Aromatherapy Starter Kit, or the Cozy Hose BOSS Tube Management System. One penny item per customer per order please. Sales extends through 7/31 only.
One order - one item - one penny!
ResMed released today new lower pricing for machines, humidifiers and ClimateLine tubing! Find ResMed S9 machines for up to 20% off. It's not often that ResMed makes such huge price drops, but we are happy to offer the incredibly effective and popular S9 series CPAPs and VPAPs at more economical pricing. Ready to move to an Auto CPAP or to try a CPAP with data recording? Now's the time! Shop all lower ResMed prices now.
Released today! The ResMed Quattro Air for Her is available now.
Drift off to a great night's sleep with the lightest full face mask on the market - now in sizes and colors designed especially for women. The Quattro series of masks are known for their comfort and effectiveness, and this new mask combines those proven features with the simplicity and lighter weight that come with new design advancements. Just released today, the Quattro Air for Her will be available for shipment to customers on July 18th. Order yours now!
New from Respironics - System One SE CPAP Machines
Offering comfort, compliance and effective sleep therapy in an affordable new Respironics device, REMstar SE CPAP machines are newly released today. Available for shipment to customers on July 18th, the REMstar SE includes Flex for comfortable exhalation, data reporting and an option for heated tubing and humidification. Shop for yours now...