We have gathered a few of our most experienced and friendly reps together to create a list of their favorite CPAP accessories. Meet Kate, Brandi, Bill, Kandace, and Debbie - all part of the Customer Service team at CPAP Supply USA! Here is what they have to say about their favorite comfort products.
Sunset Unscented CPAP Wipes
My go-to product is the Sunset Unscented CPAP Wipes. A handy and great addition to any PAP users therapy regiment, not to mention an inexpensive way to keep your PAP equipment clean and you healthier! They are also biodegradable! Good for the Earth too!
Hermell Knee & Posture Support Pillow
Hands down, my favorite item is the Hermell Knee & Posture Pillow. After pregnancy, I have had issues with back pain, but I love sleeping on my side. I used to sleep with a full body pillow or use a regular bed pillow between my knees, but it is very frustrating to re-adjust as I turn over at night. This knee pillow is just the right size and firmness to keep my back aligned properly all night without have to constantly wake up to readjust it. No more morning back pain!
SnuggleHose Snuggle Straps
We hear this from our customers, "The biggest complaint I have with the CPAP is the fact that every morning I have indention lines across my face from the straps and cover you provide". We carry straps made by SnuggleHose to help prevent these marks on the face and mask comfort. These straps are the answer and an inexpensive fix to this problem.
Zippered CPAP Tube Wrap
The Zippered CPAP Tube Wrap manufactured by AG Industries is my pick for the best comfort item. This product simply zips over the tubing acting as somewhat of a "jacket" for tubing therefore eliminating or decreasing possible condensation buildup. There are other manufacturers of this product, but I personally have seen a higher success rate with this brand.
ResMed Gecko™ Nasal Pad
Gecko Nasal Pads are my favorite because they are made of a soft pliable material to provide relief across the bridge of the nose during therapy. Gecko Nasal Pads can also assist with the proper sealing of the mask which can prevent leaks.
CPAP Supply USA - Guide to Healthy Sleep
CPAP Supply USA believes in Sleep Therapy education and wellness. And that is why we continue to pass along information on sleep therapy, sleep apnea, and any respiratory related guides and topics to ensure you and your loved ones are well informed. Read the following tips on healthy sleep:
• Naps are great!
• Naps should never be a substitute for a good night’s sleep
• Naps can help to make up for sleep lost during the night
• Keep naps no longer than 20 minutes to avoid issues waking from the nap
• Avoid naps after 3pm if having issues falling asleep at night
• Ensure your mattress is the right one for you and your comfort
• Pillows are an important part of a good night’s sleep so choose one that fits you and
your comfort level
• Turn your clock around so it doesn’t distract if you are a CLOCK WATCHER
• Don’t lie in bed awake over 20 minutes or if anxious and worried…this will make falling
asleep more difficult
• Your room temperature should be adjusted to your comfort level (cool temperatures
usually work best)
• The temperature of the room can be an added distraction causing loss of sleep
• Get rid of other distractions such as bright lights and noises
ALCOHOL & OTHER SUBSTANCES
• Alcohol and sedatives just before bedtime can promote snoring
• Alcohol can also disrupt sleep or cause your airway more difficult to stay open
• Sedatives can cause extensive and more severe sleep apneas
Resources from U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. For more information please see the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Guide to Healthy Sleep.
Watch this quick video on Sleep Apnea:
Try It Before You Buy It!
Have you ever wanted to try a CPAP or BiLevel unit before buying it? CPAP Supply USA would like to inform you of our Rental Machines Program. Our rental program is one of the best options to consider when comparison shopping for the PAP unit that will work best for your personal and clinical needs. We have an array of CPAP and BiPAP units available through our program, and we are sure we have one that will fit your needs. Maybe you require a different type of PAP unit for a special trip (perhaps a travel CPAP?), or are simply having your regular unit repaired. Whatever the case, CPAP Supply USA has an option for you.
These are just a few of the brands we have available: ResMed, DeVilbiss, Respironics, Transcend, and more!
HDM Z1™ Travel CPAP with PowerShell™ Battery Kit
Need something small? The HDM Z1™ Travel CPAP might be the answer. This lightweight and compact CPAP took the PAP world by storm and continues to be the go-to CPAP for travelers. And you can Try It before you Buy It!
Now accepting pre-orders for the new Respironics Pico Nasal CPAP Mask and headgear...
Respironics Pico Nasal CPAP Mask and Headgear
This is the new must-have traditional nasal CPAP mask. The Pico Nasal CPAP Mask based on market research is considered the lightest and smallest of traditional nasal masks. Clinicians have rated the Pico Nasal CPAP Mask easier to use than the leading traditional nasal mask. Pre-order it today!
PAP users have spoken and Respironics has delivered yet again a mask of simplicity, comfort and awesome fit, the Respironics Pico Nasal Mask and Headgear. The Pico Nasal CPAP Mask based on market research is considered the lightest and smallest of traditional nasal mask. Clinicians have rated the Pico Nasal CPAP Mask easier to use than the leading traditional nasal as well.
- Minimal facial contact
- Comfort fit and seal
- Lightweight in design
- Comfortable and easy on/off headgear
- Minimizes sleep disruptions
- fits more that 98% of patients based on research/survey
- Easy to use
You have been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea. You have your equipment, now what?
- COMFORT – There are several items available to help you obtain maximum comfort when using your CPAP machine. We offer pillows, moisturizers, mask liners and many more comfort items to help you get comfortable.
- CLEANING – A very important but sometimes forgotten job is cleaning with the proper cleaning supplies. Filters need to be changed regularly, tubing should be cleaned weekly and your mask should be cleaned with a non-alcohol cleanser such as CPAP mask wipes.
- CORRECTION – There is a pretty good chance your first mask may not be the mask for you. That is no reason to give up. Our friendly customer service staff is ready to help. AND we are now offering free mask assurance on select masks! If at first you don’t succeed, try, try, again.
- CONSISTENCY – Use your CPAP every time you sleep. Even if you only use your CPAP for a few hours, this will make it easier for your body to adjust to the treatment.
- COMMITMENT - CPAP is not a quick fix, it’s a lifestyle change that involves a long-term commitment to improve your health.
Now take the CPAP CHALLENGE! Do you know someone else with similar symptoms that you were experiencing? Challenge them to improve their sleep and health.
Free Mask Assurance on Select Respironics Masks
For customers who would like to try new, improved masks, but are too worried about the cost of the mask, Mask Assurance is the perfect solution! CPAP Supply USA is happy to provide this service for FREE until March 31st on the following Respironics masks: Nuance, Amara, Wisp, True Blue, Amara Gel, and the new Pico mask