With the growth and constant change of technology, CPAP users are no longer confined to the inside of there homes. They can take summer vacations and visit family members that live far distances and not have to worry about how they are going to be able to bring their much needed CPAP along for the ride. At CPAP Supply USA, we understand your need to be able to move around freely and comfortably with your CPAP. Due to various airport rules and regulations it is also very important before traveling you contact your airline to check whether any special requirements and restrictions apply because some airlines do not allow passengers to use their CPAP during the flight.
According to www.talkaboutsleep.com, when traveling with your CPAP you should always keep the following information with you:
- Treatment pressure
- Mask type and size
- Sleep specialist contact information
- General practitioner information
- Health insurance information
International Travel - When preparing for travel abroad following this simple checklist can make your trip that much easier:
- Carry a letter from your doctor certifying your need for CPAP equipment.
- Obtain approval from the airline’s medical services for use on the flight.
- Arrange seating close to a power source on the aircraft.
- Confirm the type of power cord or adapter required by the aircraft.
At CPAP Supply USA, we offer a large variety of travel-friendly machines that automatically adapt to changing altitudes and come with various battery and adapter options. To find out more about all the possibilities of traveling with your CPAP click on the link above or visit www.cpapsupplyusa.com.