If your order includes a CPAP mask, machine, or heated humidifier, we must have your prescription on file before we can ship your order. Please note that CPAP supplies and parts such as filters, tubing, water chambers, mask parts, cushions, and pillows do not require a prescription.
There are four easy ways to give us your CPAP prescription:
- Fax your prescription to our toll free fax number: 1-866-560-4227.
- Email your prescription to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upload your prescription directly attached to the product you wish to order.
- We can request your prescription for you! Contact customer service at 1-866-560-2727
Download and fill out your CPAP Supply USA Prescription Form
NOTE: If you fax or email a prescription, please write your order number on your prescription.
Did you know that you can often get a CPAP prescription from your primary care physician? If your doctor has a record of your sleep study or is aware that you use CPAP, they will likely provide a prescription for your supplies. Generally, this method is more timely than going through a specialist. We have a Prescription Form that your doctor can use.
Your prescription can also be handwritten on a standard prescription pad. The prescription must include your name, the physician's name, their contact information, and their signature, as well as a statement about the equipment needed. Ideally, prescriptions for a CPAP machine will also include a pressure setting. Please read the section "What does a CPAP prescription need to say?" on this page for further reference.
NOTE: Under HIPAA regulations, you have a right to request a prescription from your physician. If you have difficulty accessing your prescription, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance.
Can you help me with my CPAP prescription?
Of course! Please, contact our friendly CPAP experts. They will be happy to answer your CPAP prescription questions.
- Email Us: email@example.com.
- Call Us: 1-844-505-3698 (Monday-Friday 8AM-6PM EST; Saturday 9AM-4PM EST)
- Live Chat with Us: Click on the live chat box at the bottom-left of any page on this site.
Do you have a CPAP prescription form?
Yes! CPAP Supply USA's Prescription Form may be completed and signed by your physician. You or your physician may send us your completed prescription form.
I have an old prescription. May I still use it?
Prescriptions may be written for "Lifetime Need" or "99 Months". Lifetime prescriptions may be used for the prescribed equipment as often as needed to continue therapy. If a prescription notes a specific number of refills, it will be valid to dispense the listed equipment the number of times shown on the prescription. If a prescription bears an expiration date, it is good through the date shown. If you are not sure about the validity of a prescription, send it to us, and we will determine its condition.
Who can write a CPAP prescription?
- Your CPAP prescription can be written by any of the following care providers:
- Medical Doctor
- Doctor of Osteopathy
- Physicians Assistant
- Nurse Practitioners
- Naturopathic Physician
- We cannot accept a prescription written by any of the following practitioners unless the practitioner is also an MD or DO:
Can my prescription be written in a language other than English?
Yes. We can accept prescriptions written in any language.
Will you accept a CPAP prescription from a doctor outside the US?
Contact us at 1-844-505-3698, where we will help you verify whether your prescription is acceptable for your CPAP Supply USA purchase.
How can I submit my prescription to CPAP Supply USA?
What does a CPAP prescription need to say?
Outlined below are the required elements of prescriptions for various types of CPAP equipment. All medical prescriptions must include the patient’s name, the prescribing physician’s full name, the physician’s contact information and the physician’s signature.
CPAP Machine Prescription
- One of the following phrases: "CPAP" or "Continuous Positive Airway Pressure".
- Specific pressure, for example, “9 CM/H2O”, or simply “9”.
APAP Machine Prescription
- One of the following phrases "APAP," "AutoPAP," "AutoSet," "Auto CPAP", "Auto Adjusting CPAP," "Self-Adjusting CPAP," "CPAP," "Continuous Positive Airway Pressure," or a similar term.
- Optional show your pressure range.
- Example: “5-20 CM/H20”, or simply “5-20”.
BiPAP Machine Prescription
- One of the following phrases "BiPAP", "BiLevel", "VPAP".
- Your inspiration pressure (Also called IPAP Pressure or Breathing In pressure), for example, “IPAP 11 CM/H20”, or just “IPAP 11”.
- Your expiration pressure (Also called EPAP Pressure or Breathing Out pressure), for example, “EPAP 13 CM/H20”, or simply “EPAP 13”.
BiPAP Auto Machine Prescription
- One of the following phrases "BiPAP", "BiLevel", "VPAP", "BiPAP Auto" .
- Inspiration pressure (IPAP) and expiration pressure (EPAP) are NOT required for the BiPAP Auto.
BiPAP ST Machine Prescription
- Contains one of the following words or phrases "BiPAP ST", "Synchrony ST", "VPAP ST" .
- Contains a backup rate or BPM setting.
- Contains your inspiration pressure (Also called IPAP Pressure or Breathing In pressure), for example, “IPAP 12 CM/H20”, or simply “IPAP 12”.
- Contains your expiration pressure (Also called EPAP Pressure or Breathing Out pressure), for example, “EPAP 18 CM/H2O”, or just “EPAP 18”.
BiPAP Auto SV Machine Prescription
- Contains one of the following words or phrases "BiPAP SV" or "BiPAP Servo Ventilation".
- May or may not contain a backup rate or Breath Per Minute (BPM) setting .
- Contains your IPAP Min and Max or Minimum and Maximum Inspiration Pressure (breathing in pressure) or the settings can be provided to us. Examples: “IPAP Min 6 cm/H20 - IPAP Max 15 cm/H20,” “IPAP Min 6 cmwp - Max 15 cmwp,” “IPAP Min 6 - IPAP Max 15.”
- Contains your EPAP or Expiration (breathing out Pressure) or the setting can be provided to us. This may be called the EEP (End Expiratory Pressure). Examples: “EPAP 5 cm/H2O”, “EPAP 5 cmwp”, “EPAP 5”.
- Sample of wording for a complete prescription for a BiPAP Auto SV to include Back Up Rate: “BiPAP SV”, “IPAP Min 6 cmH2O”, “IPAP Max 15 cm H2O”, “EPAP 6 cmH2O”, “13 BMP”.
BiPAP AVAP Machine Prescription
- Contains one of the following words or phrases “BiPAP ST”, “AVAP”, “BiPAP AVAP”, “BiLevel AVAP”, or “Average Volume Assured Pressure Support”.
- Contains the Tidal Volume Estimated.
CPAP Mask Prescription
- Contains one of the following words or phrases: “CPAP Mask”, “CPAP Supplies”, “CPAP Humidifier”, “CPAP”, “Continuous Positive Airway Pressure”, “APAP”, “AutoPAP”, “AutoSet”, “Auto CPAP”, “Auto Adjusting CPAP”, “Self Adjusting CPAP”, “BiPAP”, “BiLevel”, “VPAP”, “BiPAP Auto”, “BiPAP ST”, “Synchrony ST”, “VPAP ST”.
CPAP Humidifier Prescription
- Contains one of the following words or phrases “CPAP Humidifier,” “Humidifier,” “HH,” “CPAP Supplies,” “CPAP Mask,” “CPAP,” “Continuous Positive Airway Pressure,” “APAP,” “AutoPAP,” “AutoSet,” “Auto CPAP,” “Auto Adjusting CPAP,” “Self-Adjusting CPAP,” “BiPAP,” “BiLevel,” “VPAP,” “BiPAP Auto,” “BiPAP ST,” “Synchrony ST,” “VPAP ST.”